Below are some links to websites that we think you will find useful for planning your trip to Sado.
For more details, please contact each organization directly.
- For a guide to Sado's festivals and events, visit Sado-Biyori!
- In addition to information about Sado’s culture, history, performing arts and events, this website contains a variety of tidbits about Sado and its many charms!
- Sado Tanada [Rice Terraces] Conference
- Sado has been designated as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS). Using safe rice farming methods, Sado’s agriculture nurtures biodiversity. Farmers work, in harmony with the abundant protected ecosystems of the crested ibises, to preserve the natural landscape. Sado Tanada [Rice Terraces] Conference aims to convey the tradition and practice of using rice terraces, passed down from generation to generation.
- Sado Community-Reactivating Cooperation Squad
- Eleven members, actively involved in local development and revitalization on Sado Island, Niigata Prefecture, introduce Sado and the squad's activities.
- Toki no Tayori – Newsletters about toki
- Toki no Tayori is an official website of Toki Forest Park, which introduces the internationally protected bird, toki, from Sado. This website delivers the latest news about toki, including the Toki Breeding Diary and where to spot them.